Monday, October 7, 2019

Spooky Assemblage Art: Nunnsense

This month I'm basing my posts around some of my favorite pieces in our Halloween art collection. I say "favorite," but they're all favorites! It's probably more accurate to say that I'm basing my posts on the pieces where the artists' shops are fully stocked and open for business- which can be difficult this time of year as artists are attending shows and selling out very quickly. 


This assemblage piece we have hanging on our wall, I purchased soon after my husband and I were married. We were married on October 30 so it is a perfect tribute for us. It was created by Sue Nunn in Happy Valley, Oregon. I just love the skeleton couple, the bat wings, the nails around the edge and even the snuff box! Here is where it sits in our house.



Nunn's shop is called nunnsense and here is what she has to offer:
Frozen Charlotte in Wooden Coffin
Skeleton "On Target"
Wedding Vows Shrine
Poison Skeleton
"Nefarious Babycakes"
"Watchful Eye" Skeleton
"Wild Child"
For me, these pieces just enforce the thought that you should never throw anything away. Look how amazing the smallest scrap can become!


No comments:

Post a Comment