Thursday, October 3, 2019

Lina Macijauskiene: Lina Mart Dolls

As I rearrange our Halloween art collection and pull out the Halloween decor I've had stored away, I love to be able to take a few minutes and reconnect with each piece.

I've mentioned previously that I have a certain fondness for odd dolls and one of my favorite doll makers is Lina Macijauskiene. She lives and creates her magic in KlaipÄ—da, Lithuania. Her shop is called Lina Mart Dolls. I own two of Macijauskiene's dolls- one I purchased and one was a gift. My heart softens whenever I look at them.


I'm in love with every tiny detail and hand-stitch on these dolls. They seem a bit sad and melancholy, but I'm a sucker for the emo type. If they haunt you, it's for good reason. A few weeks ago, I posted on Facebook about the one on the right suddenly spinning 180 degrees around and back again while I was looking at her one evening. It spooked me, but I loved it!





I have my eye on a doll in Macijauskiene's shop right now- another two-headed beauty that is calling out to me. I'm weakening by the minute!

Siamese Twins Queen
And there are more!!

Pumpkin Vita
Pumpkin Mary
Lady Bat
Halloween Fairy
Spooky Borat
Witch Brooch
Follow Macijauskiene on Instagram @lina.mart.dolls. Her art pieces are worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment