Friday, October 4, 2019

Miniature Haunted Room Challenge:The Haunted Lighthouse

You don't know how excited I was on October 1st to receive notice that two of my readers had miniature haunted rooms to submit to my challenge. Maybe there are more of you out there? Don't worry, there is still time to send me a message because I'll be featuring the miniature rooms for the next few Fridays.

The first room I'm showing you was created by Tanya in Colorado. She already had a dollhouse that was sitting empty. Tanya wrote  "I have had my lighthouse dollhouse for well over 8 years and it sat uninhabited all that time. I found these mini pose-able skeletons and thought they worked well. I decided to make them the new residents. Your contest, Miniature Haunted Room, gave me the spark as to how to start decorating it."


(I loved that I helped someone complete a project! I'm the queen of uncompleted projects, you see.)


Tanya explained that the skeleton figure from Japan inspired the room she created at the very top of the lighthouse. She purchased some of the miniature pieces and made some herself, including the printed pages on the book stand and the broom. Tanya purchased the tiny bottles but filled them herself.



Tanya also reassembled some found objects, "The side table was a dollhouse chair from a discount store that I cut apart to make it fit as a side table and the rug is a treat bag I cut apart." The hourglass was made from a piece of jewelry Tanya took apart and it works!


I love the glowing red light at the top of the lighthouse. It's like it was meant to be haunted.


Tanya ended her post to me with "The rest of the lighthouse continues to be a work in progress but I truly am having loads of fun."

I am so impressed with this miniature haunted room! The cobwebs in the window are a great touch. Tanya, please send more pictures as the dollhouse continues. You're off to a great start.


4 comments:

  1. Yes please! I want to see more! What a creative way to enjoy your favorite time of year all year long! (Applauding)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Halloween miniatures needs to be a regular feature on the blog!

      Delete