Tuesday, October 1, 2019

It's October!! Now What?

It's October 1st! 

We've been thinking about October and Halloween nearly everyday since last Halloween. Now it's here and I feel a twinge of panic. Is it the same for you?

I always feel like I'm not ready and that I'm rushing to complete things, and thinking "I should have started this sooner." Well, this year is going to be different. I'm going to slow down and enjoy it. I want to be deliberate in my actions and celebrate the tiny details. I've made a small list for myself (ok, it's actually a pretty big list because I'm an over-planner) of things I want to do this season. The best thing is they're small, achievable things that don't cost a lot of money- because we all know I've done very well on the spending part.

Document Halloween 2019

The most important thing I'm going to do is document all 31 days of Halloween. I'm dedicated to taking at least one photo, every day, that celebrates the season around me and then creating a photo book of the 2019 Halloween season. I've already started and this is my first photo.

Which leads me to the second thing on my list. 

Slow Down 

Normally, I would have grabbed my coffee and breakfast and made a bee-line for the computer to start writing the blog. But instead, I put my straight-from-the-apple-farm, cider donut on a special plate, poured my coffee into my favorite bone china sugar skull mug, and sat at the table to enjoy it quietly.  It caused me to think about the first time my husband and I stumbled upon the little apple farm tucked down a country road in northern Connecticut when we first moved here and how we've been looking for it the past 14 years unable to locate it! My husband stumbled upon it again this weekend. It's like it appeared out of the mists.

I'll be sharing the rest of my list with you over the next coming weeks. It's time we "put our pencils down" and reap what we've sown. Welcome to Halloween! And, remember to breathe.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! New reader here, I found your blog via pinterest (but it was really your blog name that really caught my interest). I've only looked at a few posts and I'm already inspired! I think you're totally right about that rushed feeling you get when the holiday swings by and your craft projects aren't done yet. For me, I've decided to incorporate the crafting process itself as part of my month-long celebration of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the blog! I try to post new things every week-day all year round. It keeps Halloween going and helps me avoid the last minute panic- at least in theory....

      Delete