Friday, October 11, 2019

Miniature Haunted Room Challenge: The Rat Room

I can't wait to show you the second miniature room created for the Miniature Haunted Room Challenge that I threw out to you several months ago. Renee from Connecticut, a friend for many years, surprised me her entry of a spooky rat room! 

Renee is a very creative person who loves shopping tag sales and flea markets for unusual treasures that she sells in her Etsy shop Retro Cents Studio. So, I'm not surprised that she used objects that she already owned to create her room box. Renee told me "All the pieces came from a collection of things I have picked up here and there and I thought, 'maybe I will make something out of that someday?' Except for the rat. My husband scared me with it and I kept it."

I absolutely love the red color of this "Redrum" miniature room!


Renee told me she knew immediately which pieces she wanted to use when she read about the Haunted Room Challenge. The crystal ball is an antique lamp finial. 


Renee made the little side table herself. The wallpaper is something I'd love in my own house!


I'm so inspired to finish my miniature room. Yep, it's true. I haven't finished my room yet. It's coming, though! Making a miniature Halloween room can be a one-day project or an elaborate months long journey. The choice is your's. If you're looking for a fun project this Halloween season and decide to make a room, please send me photos of your completed project. We all want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment