Over the years, I've collected a number of dates to celebrate and honor. Sometimes it's just by raising my glass in a toast and occasionally I make the effort to gather people for a small party. The dark side of life should be looked at honestly and acknowledged as part of the cycle of life and death; not with reverence necessarily, but with respect. I hope you find these days as a way to toast life.
I'll continue to update this post.
P.S. I prefer to mark death dates rather than birth dates because remembering someone's death lets me honor their life's work.
- 1 (1818) "Frankenstein; or The Modern Prometheus" by Mary Shelly is published
- 1-2 Imbolc/Candlemas, Pagan celebration of Spring
- 5 (1886) "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" by Robert Louis Stephenson is published
- 5 Schnabelpercheten (Austria)
- 5 Befana Arrives (Italy)
- 8 (2007) Yvonne De Carlo: Lily Munster Dies
- 14 (1978) Blossom Rock: Grandmama Addams Dies
- 16 (1979) Ted Cassidy: Lurch Dies
- 1 (1851) Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Dies
- 2 (1969) Boris Karloff Dies
- 3 (2006) Al Lewis: Grandpa Munster Dies
- 9 (1855) Devil's Hoof Prints Sighting, Exe Estuary in East and South Devon, England