Thursday, December 19, 2019

Sculpted & Embroidered Portraits: The Ry Pepper

I came across the work of Ry Pepper and found it so interesting. Pepper sculpts faces from clay, applies them to fabric, and adds embroidered stitches to create odd little characters. I haven't seen anyone else doing this and I like the results! Pepper also makes necklaces with weird little faces.  The shop is The Ry Pepper.

Floyd, Clay Embroidery Portrait
Stanley, Clay Embroidered Portrait
Miranda, Clay Embroidered Portrait
Francis, Clay Embroidered Portrait
Sybil, Clay Embroidered Portrait
Mantus, Sculpted Necklace
I kind of want a custom portrait! I wonder if Pepper does that?

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I somehow JUST stumbled across this. These feel like a lifetime ago but are some of my favorite work I've ever made. I miss being able to make them, but as we all know, life has shifted so much in the last few years.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you so much for featuring my work. It just sent me over the moon with joy. Maybe I can get back at it again soon.

    Thank you again. - The Ry Pepper
    instagram.com/theryepper

    ReplyDelete