Friday, October 18, 2019

Miniature Haunted Room Challenge: The Graveyard

I received another miniature scene for the Haunted Room Challenge this week! It's from fellow Halloween blogger Kristy at Halloween Haiku! Kristy writes about poetry, scary movies, writing and so much more. If you don't regularly visit her blog, you should stop by for a visit. There is a great story up right now about a radio broadcast from the 1930's that was American Radio's First Horror Show.

I'll let Kristy tell you about her miniature graveyard scene.
"A few years back, I started creating Halloween miniature scenes and tins. My desire to be creative outweighs my talent, but since I live in a small apartment and there's little room to decorate, miniatures became the perfect way for me to express my creativity. I buy most of my stuff at Michaels Craft Stores or online. If I ever win the lottery, I have a wish list to fulfill from Lemax and Dept. 56 that's two miles long. Next year's goal will be to buy a doll house and covert it into a haunted mansion."
I think we'll agree to disagree that Kristy's "desire to be creative outweighs my talent." I love this haunted cemetery. It looks like it's placed in a pumpkin dish. Spooktacular!





I couldn't agree more with Kristy about using miniatures to set free your Halloween creativity when you don't have a lot of space.  I love that the examples we've seen the last few weeks also prove that it's not necessary to spend hundreds of dollars to create a haunting room. 

By the way, Halloween Haiku has a really fun Halloween photo challenge up on Instagram right now that I've been participating in. You can find the list there at #HalloweenHaikuPhotoChallenge. It's not too late to play along!

P.S.  Tomorrow begins the 13 Days of Halloween! Until Halloween, I'll be posting on Saturday & Sunday as well, and there will be a Halloween photo scavenger hunt on Saturday, the 26th on Instagram & Facebook that will offer some prizes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment