Monday, October 5, 2015

Ghoultide Gathering Re-Cap

I did it! I finally made it to Ghoultide Gathering in Chelsea, MI. In case you don't know, Ghoultide Gathering is a once-a-year market featuring some of the best Halloween artists from around the country. In short, GG (I can't keep spelling that out) exceeded my expectations. It was a spooky girl's dream.

My husband thought I was a bit crazy flying to Michigan for one night, but I met other crazy people from Louisiana, California and Canada who did the same thing. Great minds think alike. Perhaps I did feel a little crazy when I was sitting in the dark and cold in a parking lot at 6 AM waiting for the ticket booth to open, but that quickly dissipated.

On to the photos. Note: I was like a kid at Christmas so, my photos are bit haphazard. I was giddy (and cold.)

A wonderful scarecrow greeted visitors at the entrance. Tickets went on sale at 7 AM for the Early Buy, which I recommend if you're a serious collector. Some of the booths of well-known artists sold very quickly.



In the general show area, there were 36 artists participating. Rucus Studio -they actually put the show together- has their own separate entrance. Definitely get there early if you plan to purchase something from Rucus. They had their own long line and things sold very quickly. I can't believe I didn't get any photos of Rucus's art. Like I said, I was a bit overwhelmed.

Now for a few scattered booths:

Susan Bartolucci
Dustin Poche
HopHopJingleBoo
Jerry & Darla Arnold (no website)
Soft in the Head
Acorn Cottage Collectibles
The Spotted Hare

So, what did I buy? Take a peak.

Day of the Dead Doll from Anaboo Creations
Seated Skeleton from Susan Bartolucci
Moth Pin from The Old Bats Beads
Cat Bucket for my taxidermy mouse by The Shadow Farm
Skeleton Print from Goomy Land Studios
Paper Mache Bat from Lori Hough
Lady Crow from William Bezek

I'm proud to say that I actually stayed within my budget. It was hard though and finally I had to just force myself to leave.  This really is a show you shouldn't miss. Next year's date has been tentatively set for September 24, 2016. Hope I'll see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment