Friday, October 23, 2015

Poe's Ravens


Our Halloween decorations are slowing coming together. I love collecting artist-made Halloween decor, but sometimes you find wonderfully inexpensive,  mass-produced items that can be slightly altered to become smashing.

Such is the case with the plastic raven skeletons I found at Target for under $10 each. I love that they're screwed together so that you can slightly adjust their positioning. I added "nevermore" printed on cardstock and glued it to ribbon, then sewed the ribbon to the ravens.
Ta Da! They're now a focal point on the mantel.

While I'm speaking of bird skeletons, I found a great source on Etsy for plastic bird skulls. The shop is called Arctic Phoenix Studios. I purchased two skulls to go under some small glass domes I have and couldn't be more pleased. They fooled my husband. He thought they were real. 



Why plastic? Well, I wasn't sure of the skull sources on the real skulls available for purchase so, I thought I'd play it safe. I don't want to buy skulls from an animal that may have been killed just to harvest the skull. The plastic ones look amazing.

More photos of our decorations next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment