Friday, October 16, 2015

Bedtime Stories for Awful Children


This is where I have to explain how I really don't know anything about video games or whatever they're calling them these days. I think the fact that I just wrote "video" probably dates me. However, if I was a gamer (?) I would want to play Year Walk. This is how the designers describe it:

"Grim tales, horrifying creatures and cryptic enigmas await in the dark woods of 19th century Sweden."

They even have this spooky video to further hook me.


So, apparently now I need a Wii even though we don't own a television. Maybe the Great Pumpkin will provide?

In the meantime, which brings me back to books for All Hallow's Read, the Year Walk designers have created a free, downloadable ebook that accompanies the game called Bedtime Stories for Awful Children.

The five newly-created Swedish short stories (written in a folktale style) have been translated to English, French, Spanish, German and Italian because the designers say children are bad everywhere. Ha! I like them.

The stories are beautifully illustrated.



Hey, you might even be able to get your kids to pull away from their games to read these. Who knows?

This ends All Hallow's Read week here at Shivers of Delight. Don't forget you can read about other books I've discussed over the year by clicking the Books tag. Also, check out Goodreads list of Halloween books. They have a feature that lets you vote on your favorites. I love Goodreads.

Happy reading!

Gulp, we only have 
 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment