Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cheesecloth is One of Our Main Food Groups

As you may have noticed, I like to get back to the basics with my Halloween decorations. Cheesecloth should be in all of our Halloween cupboards. I have to admit, I could use more of it. Sometimes I substitute fabric interfacing for cheesecloth because it holds it's shape better. Another nice thing about using interfacing is that it doesn't fray at the edges. It's more expensive than cheesecloth so you would use it on things that you'll use again for years.  For example, I cut out some ghosts that I've been using around the house from interfacing. I was inspired by Martha Stewart, but took it to my own conclusion.


(If you're wondering how I attached them to the ceiling, well, we actually have a grid of fishing line that we put on our ceiling so that I can hang things from it all year long. You don't notice it unless you look hard.)

I also cut some small ghosts out so that we could have spirits among the spirits.


Last year our party theme incorporated New Orleans so I shredded some grey interfacing to hang from the ceiling. That's why you see beads in the photo as well.
With the room darkened, this looked quite spooky. Here, it just looks like our ceiling is falling down.

If this didn't inspire you, perhaps these will?
Saw this on Pinterest with the tag AliciaEggert.com
source: Kara's Party Ideas
source: The Lennoxx
source: Martha Stewart
Let's get at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment