Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Mask

Masks are an important part of my Halloween costume. Although I love it when I see special effects makeup done, I never have the time to put it on. I'm usually in the last minute panic of party details and the best I can do is throw on a mask as guests arrive. My makeup attempts have just ended up in some white face paint and a few crooked lines of black eyeliner. We're back to the time vs. money rule of Halloween.

I tend to prefer a half-mask that allows me to speak and most importantly drink without using a straw. It may not stay on the entire night, but it looks smashing when I do put it on. Full face masks are handsome, though. I'm not talking about party store masks. To impress, and that's what we strive for, try to purchase an artist-made or designed mask. Yes, they are more expensive, but the best part is even if you don't wear it again, it can be hung on a wall or put on a skull or pumpkin next year. A mask made by an artist is worthy of display.

We still have time to order the perfect mask, but the window is closing rapidly. Etsy, my go-to source, has a great selection of masks. Start narrowing your decisions now and try to order by the end of the week.

Take a look at these-


SeymoursShopofHorror




Oonacat



If these masks don't inspire a costume, well then, I'm not sure I can help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment