Monday, September 7, 2020

Laborious Skull Waffles

On this bright and sunny Labor Day I decided to give my brand spanking new Dash Skull Mini Waffle Maker a try. I picked it up at Target for $9.99 as a lark earlier this week. Just last week I was saying to my husband that I was craving a waffle and then happened upon this tiny little devil. 

Just so you know, the waffles are each about 4" diameter. I was going to need to make several to fill my craving. While I was shopping, I picked up a box of Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk & Honey Waffle Mix because, truth be told, I've never made a waffle in my life.

This morning, while my husband was still sleeping, I looked over the instructions and started making waffles. Fortunately, I thought to put the oven on the warming setting because I had to keep each waffle warm while I was making the next one.

I have to say the process was super easy! I made sure to wipe down the cooking surface and spray some PAM between each waffle. I made a cup of the waffle mix and that made 7 tiny, adorable waffles. 

The downside is that it took me nearly an hour! Each waffle took about 6 minutes to cook. The worst part was finding something to do while they cooked without being too far away. I think I may need to head back to Target to buy a second maker to speed up the process a bit. 😂


While it was a time suck, I have to say the finished product gave me shivers of delight and brought me a little closer to Halloween. The waffles were delicious and I added some fresh blueberries that we picked up at the Golden Harvest Farms in Valatie, NY on Saturday. (A great place from pumpkins by the way.)


All in all, Labor Day is starting off great!

By the way, if you want to see a professional use a skull waffle maker, head over to The Necro Nom-nom-nomicon's Facebook page to see what she made with her waffle maker.

The Necro Nom-nom-nomicon style Skull Waffles

 This is something to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment