Friday, September 22, 2017

Cute + Deadly World

A month or so ago, my husband and I spent a few days in Burlington, VT. One of many highlights of the trip was a visit to the Burlington Farmers' Market which is one of the best, I think. While we were there, we stopped at a booth that had the most adorable spooky art for sale. Martha Hull describes what she does as making "cute + deadly art, and writes cute + deadly picture books." Hull's work will bring a smile to your face. I left with a print of "You Are My Sunshine."

Devil Cat
Reaper Cat
My Heart Belongs to You
Bloom Where You're Planted
Untimely Death Alphabet Book
Death's Daughter and the Basket of Kittens Book

The Untimely Death Alphabet is really clever and it's calling to me. Clink on the link to see the drawings that look like letters. Hull insists this is not a learning tool "unless you're getting your PhD in Evil."

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment