Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A Collection On The Move

This past weekend I started putting out -and rearranging- my Halloween decorations. It didn't take nearly as long this year because as the years have gone on, I've put fewer and fewer items away after Halloween. You seen, I've fallen in love with each piece and don't want to have to wait a year to look at them again.

The challenge has been finding the best way to display everything. Until recently, they were displayed in a bookshelf with doors, but it was so dark in there they weren't shown to their full advantage.

I recently walked around the house looking in every nook and cranny and decided the funky cubes where we held our alcohol was going to have to be repurposed.  The room was already orange after all! Easy-peasy. I drank all the alcohol and got to work- just kidding. The alcohol got moved to a new funky spot.

Today, I'm going to show you what's on one side of the room.

The candle holder that anchors this collection is, I'm sure you've guessed, from a Catholic church. I found it a few years ago at the Brimfield Flea Market in Massachusetts. Fortunately, I saw it after I had a beer or two while tailgating at lunch, so my concerns about where I would put it and what my husband would say when he saw it were quickly squelched. At every Halloween party I say I'm going to alternate candles and shots of whiskey, but I'm always afraid someone will set themselves on fire. People don't always make the best decisions at Halloween parties in case you haven't noticed.

Hover your mouse over the images to discover something about the piece.

 

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing how I decorate for Halloween. I must say a woman in her 50's shouldn't get so much joy from Halloween decorating, but I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment