Monday, April 17, 2017

National Museum of Funeral History

I don't get to Texas very often, but the next time I'm anywhere near Houston I'm planning on going to the National Museum of Funeral History. Their motto is "Any Day Above Ground is a Good One." I already like them. (I have heard that funeral directors are some of the funniest people, by the way.)


The museum is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year and there are some interesting special exhibits taking place. One is a tribute to George Barris whose custom cars became legend and include  the original Batmobile and the Munster Koach and Casket for the tv show The Munsters. A replica of the Batmobile will be on display.

Permanent exhibits at the museum include 19th Century Mourning, History of Embalming, Día de Los Muertos, Coffins and Caskets of the Past, Historical Hearses, and so much more! I can't believe I haven't been there already.

(I want one of these for a bed for my six cats)
After you see all those fascinating exhibits there is still the gift shop.  Fortunately we can access that courtesy of the internet. 
Baseball Cap with Motto
In Dog Years I'm Dead T-shirt
The Three Amigos T-shirt
Undertaker's Root Beer

I love museum gift shops. If you haven't been to the National Museum of Funeral History, put it on your bucket list.


No comments:

Post a Comment