Thursday, January 22, 2015

Iban Barrenetxea

Oh my gosh, I am charmed by the work of illustrator Iban Barrenetxea. He is Spanish and most everything you'll find online about him is in Spanish. Grrrrrrrrrr. I don't read Spanish. From what I can gather, he was minding his own business doodling some pictures (my words, not his) when there was an internet swell of support and he was offered a book deal. From there it was a whirlwind of activity for him. That's every artist's dream. He mostly illustrates children's books. You can find some of them available on Amazon.

The illustrations that first caught my eye are from Brujarella. This is a story about a threat to the future of witchcraft with the Coven of Terragris must solve. Take a peak at these. More images can be found on the blog Cizgili Masallar.




To date, Barrenetxea has illustrated eight books. I think I'll have to search them all out. Here are a few more illustrations to entice you to become a fan as well.



We must demand these books at our local bookseller. You can read a recent interview in English with Barrenetxea here at DrawFolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment