Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Codex Seraphinianus

I know I can be a bit behind the times so I apologize if you already know about Codex Seraphinianus. I, however, have just learned about this fascinating book and want to make sure everyone else knows about it too.
The Codex Seraphinianus was published in 1981 and written/designed by Italian architect, industrial designer, and illustrator Luigi Serafini in the mid 1970s. It has been described as an encyclopedia of an imaginary world and is written in an imaginary language. From the images I have seen online, it reminds me of a Medieval treatise on drugs. The Codex is still available and an updated version with new images was published just a few years ago. It's expensive- around $85. I'm intrigued though and am considering purchasing a copy. Perhaps all my questions about life will be answered. If I do purchase it, I'll have to purchase a book stand too. You just can't keep this book sitting on a shelf. The book is available on Amazon, but I think it deserves to be acquired from a dark alley bookshop even if it costs a few more dollars. Don't you?






No comments:

Post a Comment