Friday, July 10, 2015

That's All Folks

Today, July 10, is the 26th anniversary of Mel Blanc's death. Ok, I'll agree that Mel Blanc isn't exactly scary or spooky, but he was a great voice actor and my childhood wouldn't have been the same without the loveable Bugs Bunny- one of Blanc's hundreds of character voices. Bugs Bunny helped introduce me to the idea that scary things can be funny. I am forever grateful.

Blanc also deserves a post here today because I'm a proponent of celebrating people on their death anniversary. When you celebrate someone's birthday, you're just giving them credit for being born, but when you celebrate their death, you acknowledge everything they accomplished.

In honor of Blanc, I thought we could all take a few minutes to watch Bugs Bunny and Witch Hazel in "Witch Hazel's Vanity." I'm afraid this episode doesn't have a lot of scenes with Bugs, but I love Witch Hazel (June Foray) so, I couldn't resist. Enjoy!


Mel Blanc went out in style. His tombstone reads "That's All Folks." Thank you, Mel Blanc.


No comments:

Post a Comment