Thursday, July 2, 2015

I Want To Believe

Today, my friends, is World UFO Day. You probably didn't know World UFO Day existed and that's why I'm here. Fortunately for all of us, there is a website to help us celebrate properly. You can find out where events are being held and you can sign up to be an ambassador. Really! You can also find information about UFOs, how to throw a UFO kid's party, get a list of UFO movies, and much, much more. They even have a store. (You're thinking: ah ha! that's how she found out about it, well, I'm not telling.)

Of course I have a personal UFO story to share with you. When I was young enough to still need a babysitter, but barely, my aunt was watching my sister and me one evening. We lived on a hill with a spectacular view of a valley and I noticed an object with bright lights hovering over said valley. We all looked at it awhile and then I pulled out my dad's telescope for a better look. What I saw frightened me. It appeared disc shaped with lights around the edge. My aunt took a look and said it was nothing and put the telescope away, but years later told us she was freaked out by it too! What was it? We'll never know.... On to the shopping.

Ambassador T-shirt
UFO Types T-shirt by VortexTradingCompany
UFO Abduction Bookends by KnobCreekMetalArts
Knitted Alien Autopsy by aKnitomy
Retro Space Ship Bobby Pins by TheFaeryWatcher
UFO Charm by EtsyMetal
Alien Sugar Spoon by RenovatioDesign
Flee America Poster by AlternateHistories

I think I probably should buy my aunt a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment