Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Shudder

Have you heard about Shudder? "Shudder is the diabolical new streaming service devoted exclusively to things that go bump in the night." That's from their website and I'm really intrigued. It costs $4.99 a month, but at the moment is only available in the U.S. -I'm sure that will change.
Movies are grouped into collections, which I like because I'm not so much a blood-and-gore horror fan as I am an atmospheric horror fan. Some of the collections and their descriptions are:
What scary secrets lurk behind that oh-so-inviting "For Sale" sign. The naive new tenants are about to find out.

The collection features unnerving stories of kooks, crazies, and creepy criminals who just won't seem to listen to reason.

There's a thin line between comedy and horror, as these alternating hilarious and horrifying fright flicks demonstrate.

Foregoing the formulas, these slashers offer distinctive deaths, one-of-a-kind twists, and smart scares you'll never see coming.

We're throwing a flesh eating fiesta and serving your favorite zombie flicks from around the gory globe.

And this is only a taste of the twenty-nine collections currently offered. There is a two-week free trial that I think I'll take advantage of while the days are still light here till 8pm. I really am a chicken. Horror movies frighten me for days after I watch them. As a child, I hid behind the armchair to watch Scooby Doo. I'm not kidding.

I may have to start with Cannibal! The Musical as a warm-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment