Thursday, January 27, 2022

Paintings and Oddities from New Orleans

New Orleans is such a magical place. It really has its own energy. About 7 years ago my husband and I celebrated our anniversary there at Halloween. We'll never be able to top it.

Recently I stumbled across a New Orleans shop on Etsy called Ye Olde Bleating Goat. It's filled with curiosities, oddities, and original paintings all with that magical New Orleans vibe. 

Second Line Skeletons

Everett

Paper Mâché Skeleton

Death's Head (Hawkmoth) Specimen

1930's Funeral Ephemera

Buddy Mortem

Mardi Gras Mask
Doesn't this shop get you in the mood for Mardi Gras?! I can't wait to celebrate.

4 comments:

  1. Love - I'm supposed to go back in April - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll light a candle for you! I want to go back at Halloween again.

      Delete
  2. Really awesome offerings. I have felt a pull like that of a powerful magnet to New Orleans for as far back as I have memories and hope beyond hope to visit there at least once in my life.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete