Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Atelier Avant L'Aube: Hand Carved Prints

Jane Aline calls herself a mother, farmer, cook by day, and artist by night. Aline's shop Atelier Avant L'Aube (workshop before dawn?) has a collection of linocut prints that are mythic, folklorish, and simply beautiful.

Krampus

Yule Cat

Raven

Your Eyes

Skeleton and Moth 

Off Trail

All Seeing Forager

In the autumn and winter I'm so drawn to folklore. I'm not sure why except that maybe it represents going underground and sinking into an otherworld during the dark and cold months.


1 comment:

  1. Good stars, these are lovely. Thank you very much for introducing me to this wonderfully talented Canadian artist (I'm Canadian myself and am always on the prowl for fellow spookily inclined souls in my own country).

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete