Friday, October 19, 2018

Our Halloween Back Porch

I'm still putting the Halloween finishing touches on our back porch, but I thought I'd go ahead and share what it looks like so far. Our back porch is where most people enter the house. The window curtains are actually mantle cloths I got at JoANN Fabrics on sale several years ago and just sewed some ribbons on them to attach to the knobs at the windows. The witch hanging from the ceiling was an acrobat last year (see the photo here) but since we're have a witch themed Halloween Open House this year I gave her a cape and a broom.



By the way, the awesome bird cage was a tag sale find by my husband who got it for $30 and surprised me with it. It was white, but a can of spray paint brought it to life (death?)



Sometimes my husband and I are actually industrious. He made the benches using crib mattresses for the cushions. I cover them with crib sheets for easy cleaning. The cats love to lay there. He also made the awesome spinning chalkboard wheel that we have a lot of fun with. I made the hanging tent from sheets, curtains and a hoo-la-hoop.  The skeleton birds hold a sign saying "Nevermore" that I glued from printed letters onto ribbon.


These are the beautiful mantle scarves I picked up for about $5 each. Watch for those end of the season sales!



I love collecting bird houses and this one was a real find at the Brimfield Flea Market. I purchased it for only $30 too! It's a little rickety, but that makes it even spookier. 

Hope you like it, and as always, if you're in my neighborhood stop by for a spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment