Thursday, October 25, 2018

Creepy Tales for Halloween

I love reading scary stories around Halloween. It's not always easy to find tales that really give you the shivers, and I hate investing time in a novel only to find out it really wasn't that spooky.  Well, I am happy to share with you a book of short stories that will set you up for Halloween. The writer is Howard Odentz and the book is Little Killers A to Z: An Alphabet of Horror.


The stories all focus on children as murderers, vampires, zombies and just all around evil. The first story "A is for Andy Who Watches His Dad" will make make your stomach fall to the ground. These are the evil, angry, abused children you always knew were out there. If you're a teacher you might not want to read  "N is for Nancy Who Questions Tradition." Let's just say it doesn't end well for the teacher.

There are some supernatural stories like "B is for Boris, and Rifka, and Vlad" about vampires and "X is for Xander Who's Covered in Spittle" about a family with supernatural powers, but the majority of stories are about evil intentions, revenge, and murder. These stories aren't for the fragile reader. I could only read one a day because it took me that long to recover!

If you live in North Central Connecticut or the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts you'll recognize many of the places in the stories. There is a spot on my drive to and from work that I'll never look at the same again.

If you're short on cash right now, you should know that Odentz has two short stories on Amazon that you can download for FREE! He just released "Bones" this week and you'll also find "Snow". I haven't read them yet, but they're downloaded and ready. They look amazing!


Odentz has several other horror novels available that I'll be reading over the cold, dark days of winter. 

I love that Odentz dedicated Little Killers A to Z to his mother. 
"Still, she often shakes her head after reading my work and asks, 'Where do you come up with this stuff?' In answer, I humbly plead the fifth."

No comments:

Post a Comment