Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Visit to Naumkeag

My husband and I took a trip up to the Berkshires in Massachusetts a few weeks ago to take in the Fall colors (what little there are this year) and to visit the Pumpkin Trail at the historic house and gardens called Naumkeag. I'd been wanting to visit the late 19th century house for some time and when I saw that they we're having a Pumpkin Trail I figured that would be the perfect introduction.

What I didn't get from the advertisement which said there would be woodland creatures on the trail to interact with was that the walk was really for families with children under 12 years old. Ha! My husband and I were a bit out of place. Guides led you on a walking tour of the grounds and you stopped to interact with people dressed in wild animal costumes who explained their habitat. It was amusing, but not what I expected. Despite that, it was a great introduction to the property and the setting was gorgeous. I hope my photos do it justice.

It had rained early in the day and as the sun was setting it came in and out of clouds.


We were greeted by cows as we walked up the hill to the house











There is something about pumpkins lined up in a row that I just love. Show me a picket fence with pumpkins on it and I'm in heaven! Maybe this will give you a few idea for your front yard?


No comments:

Post a Comment