Thursday, October 2, 2014

Halloween Window Box Idea

Do your flower boxes look something like this right now?  Well, I have a suggestion.
Thanks to CityHippyFarmGirl.com for this photo

One of the most re-pinned posts on my Halloween Pinterest board is from an illustration called Amaranth by Jason Juta. The image is lovely and dark, but what originally caught my attention was the idea of filling a window box with skulls. I think it could be the best transition of a window box from Summer to Fall than I've ever could have imagined. Just think of the possibilities.
If you like this illustration, you should check out additional work from Juta on DeviantArt. There is a wonderful new illustration of the Headless Horseman. I believe you can still order Amaranth from a German website called ArtFlakes. Also visit Juta's own website.

While I was unpacking my Halloween decorations, I just tossed some styrofoam skulls into a nearby planter. It already looks great! Add a little Spanish Moss and I think I might call it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment