Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Woman In Black

I finally had an opportunity to sit down and watch a scary movie this week. I chose The Woman in Black because it didn't look too scary. I'm a chicken. It got to me though. Ever since reading Salem's Lot by Stephen King I have had a fear of floating faces in windows. This movie has lots of them. Beware. The movie hit all the right spots for me. It was just scary enough to make me gasp and almost spill my wine and the set design was gloomy-gorgeous.

There is a great deal of interest in women in black right now. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has just opened the exhibit Death Becomes Her: A Century of Mourning Attire. I can't wait to see this. Read about the exhibit and other deathly beautiful attire in the New York Times. The article also talks about the Morbid Anatomy Museum's The Art of Mourning exhibit of Victorian hair art and death photos. I saw that exhibit this summer and, while small, it was fascinating. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Wear something black today.

No comments:

Post a Comment