Monday, October 6, 2014

Ouija Board Tablecloth

shivers of delight blog
One Halloween, I made a ouija board tablecloth for a round table that we had. My inspiration was a story my polish grandmother told me about how when she was young they would cut letters out of paper and lay them on the table like a ouija board to ask questions of the spirit world. My grandmother had lots of great spooky stories.

Anyway, I still have a few pictures of my tablecloth. It unfortunately suffered wine and food spills and was eventually tossed in the trash. I really wish I hadn't done that now. Oh, well.

If you want to try this, I sewed the tablecloth from a sheet and then printed numbers and letters onto iron-on transfer sheets. I just laid everything out on the tablecloth and ironed away. If you're interested, I may still have the computer file for the transfer sheets. I'd be happy to share it.  Just let me know in the comments section.

shivers of delight blog

shivers of delight blog

No comments:

Post a Comment