Wednesday, October 8, 2014

To Flame Or Not To Flame

For the past nine Halloweens, my husband and I have decorated the front of our house with flames that we cut from plywood and then painted. They move around a little each year, but basically they are the center of attention and everyone loves them. The flames are so well-known that all we have to say to in-towners is that we live in the house with the flames. People know it immediately.
Shivers of Delight blog post

Shivers of Delight blog post

So, this year, I thought maybe everyone was getting a little tired of the Halloween flames. I thought we could give them a rest this year by going with a Halloween crow theme. You already got a peek at the Gentleman Crow a week or so back. I added crows everywhere (thanks Dollar General) including swinging from branches hung by ribbon and resting on branches in an urn.
Shivers of Delight blog post

Shivers of Delight blog postShivers of Delight blog postShivers of Delight blog post

I was happy with the overall look. That is until a neighbor stopped me yesterday and said "Where are the flames? Everyone loves the flames!" I know what we'll be doing next weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment