Friday, September 5, 2014

Theatre Bizarre

I never thought I would say this, but some year, I want to go to Detroit for Halloween. Well, more specifically, I want to attend Theatre Bizarre. This is an annual costumed adult event with live performances, a ferris wheel(!), and haunted house. The website makes it look like the ultimate Halloween experience.
The "masquerade spectacular" encompasses several properties including eight floors of the Masonic Temple and has five main stages. Five main stages, you read that right. There are 19 performance spaces. The producers of the event bring in live music and circus and burlesque performers. I think I need to swoon onto my fainting couch.

This year's event "The Illusionists Ball" is on October 18. If you live anywhere near Detroit you owe it to all of us to attend. Why do these activities only take place in October?

No comments:

Post a Comment