Monday, September 8, 2014

Bat Crazy

Boris the Bat
Oh, no. I never pay attention to ads on my Facebook feed. I have a rule about not clicking on any ad.

But today, Ephraim Faience Pottery placed an ad- I know it was specifically directed at me- of this gorgeous bat vase. I clicked. It's called "Boris the Bat" and it is a limited run piece. The worst part is that I have until today at 5pm CDT to make my purchase. And the worst, worst part is that it is $298. I was going to buy a couch.

After doing a tiny bit of internet research, I learned that bat imagery in Art Nouveau pottery and jewelry was not that rare, but it's not cheap either. I also realized that my life may not be complete without it.

The Gloaming
If I miss the deadline, I can console myself with this adorable piece. It's called "The Gloaming." I was so blissfully unaware. Damn you, Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment