Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Horrible Hoffine Photography

You have probably seen some of Joshua Hoffine's unsettling photos of childhood fears. They made the internet rounds last fall. I saw some of them and was intrigued. He uses his own children for his work and sets up each photo like a movie scene.

I love the storybook feel to the photos. The first photo of the child going down the basement stairs reminds me of my own basement a little too much for comfort. I think I might have to purchase a copy of this one. I would hang it next to our basement door - as a reminder. Check out Hoffine's website and blog for more of his photos.

Hoffine's 2013 Kickstarter campaign to finish his film Black Lullaby, based on the photo series, was funded and premiered at the Horrible Imaginings Film Festival in San Diego last week and won first place for Short Film: Surrealism or Experimentalism. Hoffine's daughter was once again the star. I hope I get a chance to see this at some point.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment