Wednesday, October 27, 2021

It's National Pumpkin Day!

Well, we're really in the thick of it now. 

If you're like me, your eyes are probably as glazed over as two giant pumpkin donuts and we still have four days until Halloween! That's why I'm backing off on the Spooky Events calendar for this week. I don't think I want to add anything to our long lists of things that need to be done before Halloween.

If you came here really hoping to get some suggestions read further for some very simple ideas and head over to Ghoulish Days- otherwise close your browser and enjoy the season. 

I'm not specifying any dates or times (sure, today is National Pumpkin Day- but we celebrate that all year long.)

Enjoy a Halloween relaxation story/guided meditation designed for kids- this old witch likes it too. It's called The Friendly Witch and you can listen to it on YouTube. We all deserve 20 minutes to just relax. This is the perfect season to be a kid again. 

Eat some of the candy you purchased for trick-or-treaters. Yes, you can!! But do it mindfully. Sit down, light a candle and think about how you celebrated Halloween as a kid while you eat some of the candy you love. Let's not fool ourselves we buy Halloween candy we want to eat and secretly hope that there will be some left over at the end of the night. Let's just eat some now as a sort of Halloween night blessing.

Drink a toast to family and friends who are no longer with us. If you have a sense of humor I suggest you drink a Corpse Reviver cocktail, but if that's too much work just grab whatever you have in the house and enjoy it while looking through some old photos. 

Dance. Nothing lifts my spirits more than dancing by myself when no one is watching. There are so many great Halloween playlists floating around, and I have a suspicious feeling that you already have some personal favorites on your phone. I have one that I listen to every year and I haven't even had the time to enjoy to it! I'm going to do some dancing.


I plan on doing one of these activities every day till Halloween to give myself a break from the panic. I'm going to focus on the joy of Halloween and not the regrets of not doing everything I thought I had to do to make it perfect. 

Blessed be!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully lovely suggestions. Thank you very much for sharing them. I hold a dumb/silent supper each year during the Samhain/Halloween season and make a point to toast to those who have crossed over (both humans and beloved animals alike).

    Happiest Halloween Eve Eve wishes, my friend. I hope this weekend is an amazing one for you!

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete