Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Panic of Halloween: Day 10

On the 10th Day of Halloween the panic really sets in. We're just 3 days from Halloween and I've started to wring my hands over uncompleted projects and Halloween experiences not yet checked off. It's almost a tradition of its own. The pumpkins still need to be carved, my costume isn't finished, I haven't started baking, and then, because 2020 adds another layer of hell to everything, I learned that snow is predicted for Friday and on Halloween night the temperatures will be in the 20s. Oh, and Massachusetts, just a few miles up the road from us, has been added to Connecticut's official COVID-19 "Please Don't Come Here" list. 

You probably think I'd be ready to just call it quits and go to bed till Halloween is over. It's true, that thought has crossed my mind, but I don't give up that easily. I now have 3 days to replan, reorganize, and recreate this year's Halloween. 

The curse of 2020 will not ruin Halloween! 


No comments:

Post a Comment