Tuesday, October 20, 2020

On The Second Day of Halloween

I survived the First Day of Halloween! No panicking, well o.k., I did have a lot of dreams last night about being late and missing events, but I'm working on that. My goal is to relax and enjoy the next twelve days. So for the Second Day of Halloween, I'm focusing on writing a few Halloween haiku poems and I hope you'll join me.

My inspiration comes from Kristy at Halloween Haiku. She writes the best spooky haiku poems! She is hosting a Halloween Haiku 2020 Challenge over on Instagram and I'm planning on entering a few of my own. 


In case you need a refresher, a traditional English language haiku is a three line poem with five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables in the last line. 

Here my first entry:

It's under my bed

Gasping, "I'm coming for you"

The candle blows out.

If you need a break from work today try your hand at a Halloween Haiku. I'd love to see what you come up with! Post your Haiku on Instagram or Facebook and while you're tagging @Halloweenhaiku9, tag me @shiversdelight or just post it on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment