Thursday, October 29, 2020

New Halloween Art

The effects of COVID-19 and isolation weren't all bad if you take into account that Halloween art shows, though located hundreds of miles and a plane flight away, were suddenly accessible to me. While there were good and bad points to that, I was able to make some purchases from artists that I might not have seen otherwise. 

I spent more money than I usually do! The art shows were popping up weekly during September and early October- sometimes more than one in a weekend. I tried not to miss any of them. The show promoters did a fairly good job of making the pieces available and there were few real problems. I have to say that I preferred the shows that sent you to artists' individual shops rather than the ones where it became a battle of who had the fastest internet because the first person to type "sold" got the right to purchase it. Those shows were slow and stressful. I'm glad that artists had the opportunity to sell the pieces they had been working on for months, but I did miss the excitement of attending a Halloween art show. 

So what did I purchase? A little bit of everything. I purchased pottery, glass, spun cotton, paper mâché, and paintings. Here are some photos of of what I bought over the last month. My credit card is in rehab.

Cat and Devil Figure by David Bruce of Acorn Cottage Collectibles

Detail, David Bruce of Acorn Cottage Collectibles

Halloween Ornament by David Bruce, Acorn Cottage Collectibles

Ghost, Bethany Lowe Collection & David Bruce Ornament

I added three ornaments and the cat figure to my David Bruce collection. I'm a big fan of his work.

Plague Doctor Painting by Maryann Held (MHeld Illustration)

Black Cat Candy Holder from Wendy Addison Studio


Halloween Calendar, Two Mushrooms & Silk Skeleton Mask, Wendy Addison Studio

Raven Witch from Charlene Geiger

Detail, Charlene Geiger

Spun Cotton Figure from Crystal & Ben Sloane 

Embossed & Painted Leather Devil from Nina Huryn

Dearly Departed Plate from Jeff Osgood, Clay of the Dead


Glass Skull from Rex Boucher & Glass Hand from Genevieve Greer

Skeleton from Stacey Bear & Witch from Iva Wilcox

Skeleton Lantern from Patrick James Gill

Devil and Skeletons from Jo James (Cart Before the Horse)

Skeleton Ornament from Kayleigh Radcliffe

Black Cat Ornament from Ryan Connors (Kilkenny Cat)

I'm shocked to say that this isn't even everything I purchased! It's just all that I have time to show you today. I hope you Halloween collection has grown over the past year and I hope you'll stay with me as I find more amazing artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment