Thursday, March 5, 2015

Red Skelton's Ghost Stories

If you are a person of a certain age, you will remember actor/comedian Red Skelton. I remember him from his TV show "The Red Skelton Hour". Keep in mind, I was very, very, very young......

While I remember him as a bumbling circus clown and his pantomime of a stumbling drunk, Skelton had a long career that went from vaudeville to movies. He performed from the 1930s into the 1970s. He was a supporting actor to all the greats. That's why I was even more amused when I learned that Skelton edited two children's books of ghost stories. The books were published in the mid-to-late 60s. Although readers say the stories are more silly than scary, I think I should have these in my collection. It just goes to show you that everyone loves a good ghost story.

More at Goodreads
More at Goodreads.com

I've seen used copies of these books (I don't think they're still in print) on Etsy and at Amazon. I think we need to introduce these to our next Halloween book club meeting. You do have a Halloween book club, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment