Tuesday, March 10, 2015

G is for Guillotine

I'm slightly conflicted about this post. I started finding items that related to the guillotine that I loved and that made me laugh. So far so good. But then I started thinking about recent terrorist events and hesitated about continuing. This is why I'm going forward: this blog is my way of mocking violence and taking the sting out of the fear of death. I don't celebrate those things. Death is honored here as a part of life and something I want to make peace with for myself.  If I can laugh at it, I don't let the fear wear me down.

I associate the guillotine, like most people, with the French Revolution. You can't think of the guillotine without thinking of A Tale of Two Cities, Marie Antoinette and "let them eat cake." They go hand in hand. Did you know that the guillotine was actually invented as a more humane way to remove someone's head? It's more accurate and faster than a sword. Ouch. You can read about the guillotine courtesy of The History Chanel in "8 Things You May Not Know About The Guillotine".

BreviManuShirts
MoonRavenDesigns mrd74
Arrok
AMomentOfThen
HarlandsofHedon
PeToy
HeadlessHistoricals
Please tell me you giggled. Guillotines for your doll house? That is funny. A collection of headless dolls. You smiled, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment