Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ouija Board Mania

I came across an interesting website called the Museum of Talking Boards. It relates the history of mass produced Ouija Boards which began in the late nineteenth century. Again, I love those spooky Victorians. There is a gallery of manufactured Ouija Boards with all kinds of crazy graphics. Wouldn't it be fun to start a collection?

I have a small fairly new board that I keep saying I'm going to make into a serving tray. I've been saying that for about 5 years now. I am skittish about using a Ouija Board again ever since a Halloween night in college when my friends and I used one to call the spirit of Charles Baudelaire and he responded by rolling up all the window shades in my dorm room at once. Done. Luckily we didn't burn down the dorm when the candles went flying as we ran out of the room.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from the museum photo collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment