Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Plague Friday

In the United States, we have an unofficial holiday the day after our Thanksgiving called Black Friday. On Black Friday you wake up before dawn and go shopping with a wild look in your eye. It's crazy and in my opinion a bit like a plague.
Photo graciously stolen from Stephen F. Austin
So, today I thought I'd blog about some Black Plague doctor's masks.  There are an unbelievable number of modern recreations of the plague doctor's masks so I've refined my list to even odder things. I think these should be worn or carried on Black Friday as a protection talisman.

First of all, you need a proper shopping bag. There is an entire line of Little Plague Doctor products at Zazzle.com and this smart bag fits the bill. The badge let's everyone know you mean business. Adorable!
Chibi Plague Doctor Gifts
Badge from Chibi Plague Doctor Gifts
I found this beautiful Steampunk Black Plague pendant on Etsy by DarksideArt.
Doctor Plague Mask Necklace
Anyone fighting you for that last big screen tv will step out of the way when they see you've survived the plague.
Plague Survivor Merit Badge 
This plague doctor would look great hanging from the rearview mirror of your car. You'll probably get a premium parking space at the mall. If you can crochet, please make me one. I'm hopeless at reading a pattern. I did the hard work of finding it for you, after all.
NeedleNoodles.com Crochet Plague Doctor Pattern
Finally, nothing says it better than a t-shirt and RedBubble has plenty of plague doctor t-shirts to choose from. Shop in peace my friends.
REDBUBBLE Plague Doctor t-shirt


No comments:

Post a Comment