Friday, August 14, 2020

Skeletons Galore: Gato Negro Art MX

In the last ten years or so, Halloween and the Day of the Dead have really started co-mingling. I collect pieces from both holidays and have a special cabinet just for my Mexican folk art pieces. I've featured pieces by Socorro Alcántra before and am happy to be able to show you more pieces. Alcántra is playful with her paper mâché figures and enjoys bringing in bits of pop culture to her celebration of the dead. The shop is Gato Negro Art MX

Mexican Catrina Skeleton 

Edward Scissorhands

Jimmy Page Skull Figure

Pin Up Girl Skeleton

Winged Devil

Sugar Skull Zombie

Sugar Skull Bust

I love the detail on these paper figures. Order now because you know shipping is going to take some time. I just purchased a figure of Edgar Allan Poe that is fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment