Thursday, August 27, 2020

Peculiar Halloween Characters: Susie Krichbaum

Are you as astonished as I am that after all these years I'm still finding new (to me at least) Halloween artists? I've been writing this blog for over 6 years now and while I occasionally repeat artists that I especially love, most of the posts are fresh shops! I don't think people realize just how many artists specialize in this genre and how many everyday people buy it. The majority of the art works aren't being purchased by Goths and spooky looking kids. They're purchased by the everyday adults with a secret passion you barely notice at the grocery store- or wherever. Halloween art collectors are like a secret little society where they don't even know the other members! I'm going to have to do something to bring us all together. Maybe a Zoom meetup is in our future? Hmmmmm, stay tuned to this bat channel for updates. 

In the meantime, let's take a look at the Halloween art from Susie Krichbaum of Art by Susie K. I really like Krichbaum's clay creations. They hit the sweet spot between spooky and adorable that I gravitate towards. Let's take a look.

Harvest King

Ghost on a Twirling Broom

Raven Art Doll

Hard Knock Afterlife

Black Cat Party Popper

Stella Stahling Walking Spiders

Take a peak in the shop today to see the other fun pieces being sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment