Thursday, August 13, 2020

Halloween Painted Gourds: The Root Cellar

Pumpkins and gourds are an important part of Halloween decorating. As soon as I see the first pumpkin of the season I'm instantly transported to a cool, dark evening with sounds of kids laughing as they walk down the sidewalk to our house. Some of my favorite decorations are the gourd jack-o'-lanterns that I've collected. While it's fun to carve a real pumpkin it's not like you can bring it out every year and gaze upon it. 

Linda Melfi Meredith has taken the gourd to new levels of delight. Her painted Halloween scenes on gourds ornaments bring a smile to my face. I also like how she has added clay embellishments to some of the gourds. Her shop is The Root Cellar.

Witch & Moon Gourd Ornament

Cauldron Full of Stars Ornament

Spooky Black Cat Ornament

Sculpted Ghost Gourd


Set of Gourd Ornaments

Party Witches Ornament

Head over to the shop to see more designs. It was hard to choose which ones to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment