Monday, December 29, 2014

An Abandoned Dollhouse

You may recall that I have a desire to create a haunted dollhouse. This has been in the back of my mind for a few years now and is starting to bubble to the surface. Perhaps 2015 will be the year?

I came across a post from 2012 on the blog Pixie Hill (fabulous creations by the way- worth following) that made my heart stop. Pixie Hill artist Nichola Battilana found a dollhouse abandoned for the trash and created a hauntingly spectacular abandoned dollhouse. Battilana creates everything herself from scraps of cloth, wood, beads, clay, etc. I'm posting her photos, but you should read Battilana's post to get the full effect.

I have goosebumps.

































































































































This is what Battilana found on the side of the street before starting her redesign. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment