Friday, May 22, 2020

Ceramics for the Night Shift: Anayansi Artworks

Why aren't there more words in the English language to describe spooky things? I keep a list, but most of them have an evil or negative slant and I don't think all spooky things are evil. Something needs to be done about this. Can we start a petition?

The ceramic mugs and plates made by Anayansi Jones are so much more than spooky. They're a little dark, some might say macabre, but I don't think so. You'll see skulls and anatomical hearts, but that's just our beautiful bodies, so how to describe her work? Looking at it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but if I titled this blog post "Warm & Fuzzy Ceramics," I think some may find that misleading. More words please. (I think this might be a job for the  Samhain Society) The shop is Anayansi Artworks.

Anatomical Heart Mugs
Carved Skull Planters
Moon Cauldron Mug
Small Carved Skull Box
Sailor Moon Mug "Sailor Venus"
Pink Ceramic Moon Trinket Dish
So how would you describe these pieces? I'm so tired of describing things as "spooky," "macabre," and "magical."

No comments:

Post a Comment