Friday, May 15, 2020

Art Dolls: Magic Rabbit Studio

Yesterday I read a story in the New York Times about people reporting more occurrences of ghosts in their homes since quarantining began. In the last few weeks, I've seen a man standing on our staircase- it was brief, but real enough to make me think it was my husband at first and wondering why he had a suit on, and after having positioned one of my Halloween art dolls just so, I woke up the next morning to see that she had turned 90 degrees. I've had other odd experiences of my art dolls being moved and can only guess that there is also a female presence in the house.

All this brings me in a round-about way to my love of art dolls. I can't get enough of them. Irina Rumyantseva is an artist on Etsy making some very magical dolls. They look powerful to me and a little bit scary. Maybe one of them would keep my ghosts in check. Her shop is Magic Rabbit Studio.

Russian Magic Doll
Orc Talisman
Mother Crow
Blind Witch
Santa Muerta

Venetian Mask Pendant
Beautiful work, don't you think? Visit the links for details on each doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment