Friday, June 29, 2018

Inspired by Dark Fairytales

I love Etsy for opening up the world. I don't think they get enough credit for allowing us all to see home-grown artists from all corners of the world. Ivanna Khotian from Odesa, Ukraine is making some magical dolls that I don't think we'd ever see if not for Etsy.  Khotian's dolls remind me of dark fairytales and mystical worlds. They're hand sculpted from clay and paper maché. Some make me laugh, some make me want to look under the bed for monsters. Her shop is called AKVARELA.

Ursula Vampire Doll
Grim Reaper
Bat Kleo
Scream
Black Angel
Hermione
My postal delivery person must wonder what I'm ordering as packages arrive from across the globe. If only he knew! Sometimes packages take a little longer to get here, but it's always well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment