Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Death Positive Art

Meagan Meli (Brooklyn, NY) is an illustrator who describes her work as death positive. Her images focus on cemetery symbolism, the occult, and historic medical illustrations. The death positive movement asks us to face our own death with openness and curiosity, and, I think, a little humor. We should never take ourselves too seriously. Meli's work is dark and at the same time playful.

You'll find her illustrations, lapel pins, shirts, and patches at MeaganMeli.

Embracing Death T-Shirt
Jeweled Saint Screen Print
Sisters Print
Skeleton Dance Print
A Feline's Stelae Lapel Pin
Gravestone Sketchbook

I really feel like I want to post everything in the shop. Instead I'm sending you over there to check out all the things I couldn't show you. Go! Memento Mori.

No comments:

Post a Comment